CONTRACTS & TENDERS
Date, Time & Location
12th Sept 2023
12th Dec 2023
For any queries on Contracts & Tenders course dates, please contact us.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at all agency personnel who are involved in compiling and submitting a contract tender for a local authority fostering or children’s residential accommodation contract. It is of particular value to managers, finance (bid costing) staff, and contract administrators who lead or participate in constructing or complying with your local authority tender submissions.
What is included in the course?
This one-day practical course uses a contract tender framework to review the process, regulations, and requirements for completing an effective contract tender.
During this course, delegates will explore:
- The Local Authority public procurement process.
- ‘De-mystifying’ the documentation
- Forming a bid team, managing bid construction & the coordination and timing of a tender.
- Understanding the evaluation process and the impact on a tender.
- The role and control of the clarification process.
- Understanding and Identifying risk and cost drivers in contracts.
- How to calculate the costs of the risks identified.
- The art of constructing effective method statements.
- Pre-submission checks and confirmation.
- Presentations as part of a tender.
- The Alcatel process and the standstill period.
- Post tender compliance.
- Common and frequent errors in tender submissions.
The course is delivered by a former CEO and commissioner with presentations, group discussion and workgroups, with practical written exercises using recent contract examples.
The cost of this course £169 per candidate for regionally delivered courses at one of our partner sites.
This course can also be delivered on-site for an individual agency for a cost of £899 per course (max 6 delegates).